Monday, May 4, 2015

South Florida Trip to Funky Buddha

I just got back from a long weekend in South Florida. On the way down to Ft. Lauderdale. I had a bit of a layover in Tampa which I didn’t mind so much becuase I had time to had time for couple of beers at Cigar City Brewing. Cigar City has a bar in the airport, near gate C40, but unlike other airport bars (like Good People in Bham airport) Cigar City is set up to brew on site. They have a small tank set up you can see behind the bar. I started with my favorite their IPA, Jai Alai, with 7.5% ABV. I sampled the wheat beer too. It was good.
Friday night when I was in South Florida I went to check out Funky Buddha Brewery in Oakland Park. I have driven past this place dozens of times on past trips and always heard it was great but never had a chance to check it out. The Oakland Park location will be celebrating its two year anniversary in June. According to their website it is a 40,000 sq ft facility powered by a 30 barrel brewhouse and that makes them the largest microbrewery in South Florida.
I tried one of their seasonal’s first, More Moro Blood Orange IPA, with 7.0% ABV. It was good and it was what you would expect from the name citrusy and hoppy.
Next I tried their limited release, Key Lime Pie Berlinerwiss, with 4.5% ABV. I really liked it. It was tart and tangy in a good way.
Non-beer related on the trip I checked out Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden and they currently have a Chihuly glass art exhibit that runs through the end of May. It was crazy beautiful there so wanted to share some of those photos too.









No comments:

Post a Comment